Greetings from the Healing Story Alliance
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
HSA explores and promotes the use of storytelling in healing. Our goal as a special interest group of the National Storytelling network (NSN) is to build a resource for the use of story in the healing arts and professions.
We share experiences and skills to increase our own knowledge of stories and how best to use them to inform, nurture, inspire and heal, both organizations and individuals. We strive to reach beyond our storytelling community to engage all those in other service professions who can see the benefit of story as a vehicle for healing.
This website offers resources, guidance and practical applications for storytelling, revealing and reflecting the many facets of healing story in the world today and in the past.
In addition to bibliographies, and links, there is a library of articles on Healing Stories and Storytelling. Our acclaimed Journal, Diving in the Moon: Honoring Story, Facilitating Healing, is back in 2013 as an e-journal on the HSA website, and will now include articles and written or spoken stories, poetry and photography.
Many are drawn to our site in search for answers or resources for dealing with the pain and tragedy of events such as the shootings of children in Connecticut, the uprooting of families and communities through natural disasters and human initiated aggression (from bullying to war).
This interest is addressed in our compilations of stories:
- Healing Treasures: Stories intended to precipitate conversation, and guide teaching and healing with participants.
- Stories We Live: Personal stories and methods for gathering and applying life experiences as healing references.
- Stories for Children in Crisis: Compiled by Laura Simms, includes stories, articles and links, drawn from years of research and professional work with children.
- Stories for Peace: storytelling in pursuit of peace and understanding.
- Healing the Earth: featuring stories contributed by storytellers working in environmental settings or on educational projects with an environmental theme.
We invite submissions to these pages.
This site is also a resource for ongoing events the HSA Special Interest Group sponsors. In addition to pre-conference workshops, concerts, swaps and our yearly meeting at the NSN Annual Conference, HSA hosts monthly Tele-conferences with international storytellers and experts. Presently, collected presentations from several years of these hour long presentations are available for listening.
For Information on how you can join, volunteer and/or donate to the
Healing Story Alliance, please contact the HSA Coordinator, Allison Cox: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Healing Story Alliance
is a Special Interest Group
of the National Storytelling Network.